Ever have that experience where you’re editing a manuscript and you come across a section that’s horribly written compared to the rest. After some thought you recall that you wrote that section when you were sick with a bad cold, sinus infection, flu or whatever. You make a vow to yourself as you slog through trying to fix it that you will never ever again let yourself write while sick. Only you know, deep down inside, that when that time comes you’ll try not to work and big guilt-wielding fists inside your mind will beat you up over the work that isn’t getting done until you give in and start writing.
I’m at that point now, that sick point. In a valiant effort to mitigate damage, however, I am letting those guilt-wielding fists win in the form of a blog post because I have an easy one in the queue thanks to the fantastic Briana Vedsted who recently nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks Briana!
- Accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post, say who nominated you for the award, and list their blog site (see above).
- List 11 random facts about me.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blog sites.
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
- Answer the questions left for me by the blogger who gave me the award.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I love stacking things to the point that if you put a board game in front of me I would almost rather make sculptures out of the dice and game pieces than actually play the game.
- I love playing board games (Arkham Horror or Dominion anyone?), almost as much as I love stacking the pieces.
- I also love video games. Single player RPGs mostly, though I can be talked into a good adventure game now and then.
- I don’t drink beer, but I have discovered a soft spot for good cider.
- I’m afraid of heights unless I’m in a cave.
- I love history, especially in the form of historical structures and artifacts. The true stories behind such things give me a world of ideas.
- I love to prompt conversation then sit back and listen (unless someone asks me about my writing, then I never shut up).
- My favorite instrument is the violin.
- I’m addicted to Burt’s Bees lip balm. Seriously. There are 2 by my bed, one in my truck, one in my purse, one on my desk, one by where I sit in the living room, one in my kayak emergency kit, and a few in a drawer in the kitchen in case I run out.
- I’m addicted to Science Fiction television to the point of throwing a Firefly screening party and loosing considerable sleep over the occasional Doctor Who marathon.
- I don’t sing in the shower, but I do sing in my truck (all the time).
My Questions from Briana
- What is your favorite movie? The Fifth Element maybe, or Howl’s Moving Castle, or How to Train Your Dragon. Too many great movies to choose from really.
- What is your favorite book? Again, too many to choose from, but I think the Last Herald Mage trilogy would be one of the top picks (yeah, I cheated and picked a trilogy).
- Do you like sunset or sunrise better? Sunrise. It marks the start of a new day with tons of potential.
- Are you a cat person, or a dog person? Cats. Nothing against dogs, but I am very much a cat person.
- Have you ever eaten any wild game? Yes. It has happened.
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? I would be in less pain all the time I suppose (too many injuries).
- Do you have someone in your life that is your best friend? Who is it? I’m fortunate to have many people in my life who I would call my best friends for varying reasons. I think different people play different roles in our lives so calling only one person a best friend is really rather misleading in a way. If I had to pick, I imagine my husband and my mom would top the list.
- Where would you like to go on vacation? Just got back from London (where I finally got to see in person many of the places I wrote about in The Girl and The Clockwork Cat and get ideas for use in books two and three) and Dublin (where I got to see places that may show up in future books). I would like to go to Japan or Malta next.
- Are you happy or sad when it rains? Depends on the day. Rain can be fun or depressing or indifferent depending on my mood that day.
- What is your favorite food? Popcorn. That’s a dietary staple, right?
- Do you have a hobby? What is it? I have many hobbies including kayaking, horseback riding, caving, dancing, iaido, and so on. Too many perhaps.
- Confessions of a Wordslut (http://confessionsofawordslut.com/)
- Kelly’s Eye (http://mrkelly2u.wordpress.com/)
- A Digital Magician (http://pathunstrom.wordpress.com/)
- Jason Alan. Writer, Character. (http://jasonalanwriter.wordpress.com/)
- A Fuzzy Mango With Wings (http://fuzzymango.wordpress.com/)
- DaphneShadows (http://daphneshadows.wordpress.com/)
- Shaven Wookiee (http://shavenwookiee.wordpress.com/)
- Catherine Johnson (http://catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com/)
- Ellen Gregory ~ To beyond and back (http://ellenvgregory.com/)
- Tami Clayton ~ Taking Tea in the Kasbah (http://tamiclayton.wordpress.com/)
- Elizabeth Fais ~ Where the awesome begins… (http://elizabethfais.wordpress.com/)
My Questions to those Nominees
- What’s one odd quirk or habit you have?
- Do you have any collections and what are they?
- When you get free time alone, how do you like to spend it?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- What’s your favorite instrument?
- Do you prefer drama or comedy and what appeals to you about that preference?
- Beer or wine (or something else entirely)?
- What makes a party good?
- What do you typically do on vacation?
- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- My cat wants to know if you prefer sparkly toys or feather toys and why?
Next week I’ll take you with me (virtually of course) on my adventure traveling through many of the areas of London that played prominent roles in my novel The Girl and the Clockwork Cat complete with many photos.